Pursuing Peace Of Mind For You And Your Family
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Planning
- Florida, 2002
- Paraguay, 1992
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist in Elder Law, Florida Bar Board
Heading our team is Attorney Horacio Sosa. Originally from Asunción, Paraguay, Mr. Sosa studied and practiced law in Paraguay before moving to the states.
Mr. Sosa graduated cum laude from Universidad Catolica Law School in Asunción in 1991 and started his legal career first working at a Paraguayan law firm, and later as an In-House Counsel to a wireless telecommunication company.
In 1996, Horacio was awarded a Fulbright scholarship and obtained an LLM degree for foreign lawyers from the University of Minnesota Law School. In 2001, he obtained the Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, where he was an editor of the school's law review and a member of the international moot court team. Upon graduation, he was admitted to the Minnesota Bar (now inactive) and later, in 2002, to the Florida Bar. In both Minnesota and Florida, Horacio has worked in the areas of elder law, estate planning, special needs planning, guardianship, and estate administration. Effective June 1, 2019, Horacio has become a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Elder Law.
Mr. Sosa is fluent in both English and Spanish. Horacio's bilingual capacity, international educational background, and international professional experience allow him to effectively counsel the diverse population in South Florida.
He is admitted to the Florida Bar and also before the Veterans Administration to submit and prosecute Veterans Administration benefits on behalf of his clients.
Horacio is a member of the following organizations:
• Florida Bar (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section and Elder Law Section)
• Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Elder Law
• Co-chair of the Estate Planning, Advance Directive Probate Committee of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar • National Academy of the Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
• Academy of the Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA)
• Academy of Special Needs Planners
• Elder Counsel
• Wealth Counsel
A Little More About Attorney Sosa
Horacio chose to become a lawyer to make a meaningful impact on people's lives and he feels that his practice areas of estate planning and elder law allow him to help people when they need it most. After the years he spent in Minnesota, he chose to establish his practice in South Florida for the weather, the Latin flavor, and its proximity to South America. In his spare time, Horacio plays guitar and spends time with his family. He loves traveling to his home country of Paraguay to visit family and friends. Horacio is married to Keather Wheelock and is the proud father of their son, Matias (†) and daughter, Green. His dog Linus (Iggy) often visits the office.
- Universidad Catolica "Nuestras Senora De La Asuncion" Facultad De Ciencias Juridicas Y Diplamaticas, Asuncion
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- LLM for Foreign Lawyers - 1996
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: International Moot Court Team, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 11/2010 to Present
- Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys, Present
- Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, Present
- Estate Planning, Advance Directive Probate Committee of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar, Co-Chair
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
Pro Bono Activities
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Peroni, Sosa, Tellechea, Burt & Narvaja