Whether you need to write a will, want to know more about trusts, or are struggling to help an elderly parent get the care she needs, Horacio Sosa and his team can help you make the important decisions that need to be made. We meet all of your estate planning needs.

Estate Administration

Probate and trust administration involves distributing assets and paying off debts after someone has died. However, these processes can be quite complicated and can lead to fighting among beneficiaries, unnecessarily excessive taxation—even fraud and misuse of the estate by the personal representative. Whether you need to resolve a simple, uncontested estate or you want to challenge a personal representative’s eccentric or unfair behavior, we can help.

Estate Planning

Developing and amending appropriate planning documents can empower you, whether you just got married and you want to establish a trust to support your family, or you’re newly divorced or separated and you want to prevent your assets from going to your now ex-spouse. In addition, proper planning can aid your business as it progresses through stages of growth and shield your estate from tax consequences.


A minor or an adult who has suffered physical or mental incapacitation may not be able to meet critical basic needs for health, safety, nutrition, and education. The process of establishing a guardianship can help protect the young (or incapacitated) person from harm. For instance, your elderly father might be struggling with dementia and need assistance to manage critical financial and legal issues in his life.

Elder Law

Elder law covers a gamut of subjects related to the legal and financial concerns of senior citizens. For instance, maybe an elderly parent needs to reorganize her finances to qualify for a benefits program like Medicaid or Veterans benefits. Or perhaps you want to revise a will, trust, or advance healthcare directive to ensure that a senior’s wishes will be fairly executed. Our experienced elder law attorney can help.

Special Needs Planning

Taking care of a child or adult who’s mentally or physically incapacitated can be emotionally, financially, and physically draining. Our attorneys can help you understand how to accept this commitment by helping you establish trusts and other vehicles, qualifying for or protecting benefits, and developing structured ways for the special needs person to inherit money from an estate.